These Gluten Free Soft & Chewy Oaties use only a few simple ingredients, come together in minutes and are healthy enough to eat for breakfast.
What’s your favorite cookie?
That’s like being asked to choose your favorite
child cat, right? Trust me, I feel ya. And besides, just like my fat & fluffy Moxie and my sleek & judgmental Kimba, cookies are so different that you just can’t compare them. I mean, snickerdoodles and chocolate chip cookies and shortbreads really only have their shape and size in common, y’know?
But if we’re talking about favorite lately, I’ve gotta say, I’ve been totally and completely addicted to Oaties.
I was first introduced to these gems at my local food co-op, and ever since I can hardly step foot in the door without making a beeline for the bakery, and then spending the next twenty minutes of my shopping trip trying to talk myself out of buying them for a SECOND TIME THIS WEEK SARAH, C’MON.
Which is what brings me here today, with these gluten free, sweet-but-not-TOO-sweet, soft and chewy oaties.
The oaties I buy here in town are oaty (obviously), nutty, chocolate chippy, and just straight-up filled with everything good in Cookie Land.
While my rendition is a bit different than its muse, it’s no less delicious. And bonus! They’re SO easy to make.
These oaties boast a tasty combination of gluten-free rolled oats, shredded coconut, peanut butter, chocolate chips and honey. I’m a firm believer that simpler is better when it comes to baking… and also, I’m lazy, so no way in helllll am I going to take the time to measure out 20 different ingredients, sorry not sorry.
At 200 calories, 9 grams of fat, and 6 grams of protein a pop, these oaties could act as a healthier dessert, a pre-workout snack or even an on-the-go breakfast if you’re in a pinch. And even better, coconut sugar keeps the glycemic index of these babies in check.
(And by the way guys, I was totally lying, I might have a favorite cat… but I’ll never tell.)
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: 15 cookies||Total:|
These oaties are gluten-free, soft & chewy, and made with just a few simple ingredients.
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2/3 cup all natural chunky peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add the oat flour, rolled oats, coconut, coconut sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon to a bowl, and stir well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the peanut butter, honey, vanilla and egg, and stir to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and thoroughly combine.
- Roll heaping tablespoons of the dough into balls, then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, flattened to the desired thickness (about 1/2 inch thick).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until just turning golden brown. If you like crunchier cookies, bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before enjoying.